Re: Gif

Hi Maria -

I believe what is going on in your case is that you are attempting to create GIF files when your X-server is in TrueColor mode (24 bit color). You don't mention what version of Ferret you are running, but the most recent version of Ferret (v5.50) which is available no longer has a problem creating gif files under 24 bit color.
For your solution, therefore, you either need to upgrade to the newest Ferret version, or else modify your X-server so that it is running in PseudoColor Mode (8 bit color).

Kevin

maria lemos_diaz wrote:

Hello Ferret:

I want my graphics to be gif-files, but when I enter

? plot v[...]
? frame/file=p.gif
? sp xv p.gif

I can not open the file to see it and when I enter

>ferret -gif
? plot v[...]
? frame/file=p.gif

no window appears, but I can open the gif-file.

Thanks

M_Lourdes

--
Kevin O'Brien                   UW/JISAO
Research Scientist              NOAA/PMEL/TMAP