Re: PLOT command ambiguous coordinates on T axis

Hi Steve,
Yes, you could set up a time axis and put each variable on it
(or regrid one variable to the grid of the other) explicitly before
doing the subtraction.

And the reason you get a missing-value result when you do
an @AVE with a zero range is that the computation is to add
up the data in each cell that's included in the range, weighted
by how much of the cell was in the range, and divide by the
length specified by the range.  In your example, the range is zero.
Now, for the 1-dimensional @ave, Ferret detects that you're just
specifying one point and gives you the value at that point.  But
that logic is not in the multi-dimensional @AVE computation,
which requires a positive length in all directions in order to return
a value.

Ansley