Re: PPL+ error: Unable to read "default.spk"

Dear Arindam,

Yes it is something related to the paths, so I included in my
.bash_profile:

export FER_DIR=/usr/local/ferret/
export FER_PATHS=/usr/local/ferret_paths
export FER_EXTERNAL_FUNCTIONS="$FER_DIR/ext_func/libs"
export FER_GO=". $FER_DIR/go $FER_DIR/examples $FER_DIR/contrib"
export   FER_DATA=". $FER_DSETS/data $FER_DIR/go $FER_DIR/examples
$FER_DIR/contrib /data/ncep"
export FER_DESCR=". $FER_DSETS/descr"
export  FER_GRIDS=". $FER_DSETS/grids"
export TMAP="$FER_DIR/fmt"
export PLOTFONTS="$FER_DIR/ppl/fonts"
export SPECTRA="$FER_DIR/ppl"         # for old ferret versions
export FER_PALETTE=". $FER_DIR/ppl"       # palette search list

Maybe it's silly do this. I supposed that including only:

export FER_DIR=/usr/local/ferret/
export FER_PATHS=/usr/local/ferret_paths

was enough, but no for me (must to be mentioned that I'm just a linux
apprentice)

The issue is that Ferret is working (till now) OK ;-)

Cheers,

Antonio