Re: bad flag for dods

Hi Thomas,
>From Ferret, you can always set a value as bad for any variable,

I am assuming that your data is in NetCDF format.  There are
conventions for noting values of missing data within the dataset,
which you can find under "Data Variable Attributes: in the
COARDS standards for NetCDF files at

There is also information on this in the Ferret Documentation in the
discussions of NetCDF data.   See "NetCDF, missing values in"  and
"NetCDF, variable attributes" for relevant sections in the Users Guide

Ansley Manke

Thomas LOUBRIEU wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it possible to set a "bad" flag (something like "set
> variable/bad=...") for DODS data set ?
> Thanks,
> Thomas

Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246