Re: TMAP ERR: limit on storage for coordinates has been reached

Hi Rob,
I think you're right that the trouble is due to the irregular grid for
the input files, and that storage space for irregular axes is being
used up as you read in the different files. The message from the Users
List that you are following deals with the time axes, and you do need
that part of the solution, but you also have an irregular x axis being defined
for each input data set.  Canceling the data sets does not recover this
storage space (perhaps it should!).

Starting with Ferret version 5.41, there is a new option "cancel axis/all"
which will cancel the irregular axes, and make the coordinate storage
available for re-use.  If you are running v5.41, add a "cancel axis/all"
with each "cancel data"  command and that should do the trick.

Ansley Manke

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246