axis labels missing

Hi all,

I've recently switched to Solaris (here's the output of uname -a:
SunOS katahdin 5.8 Generic_108528-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000)
running FERRET v5.40.  When I make plots I often lose parts of the axis
labels but not the plots themselves (as far as I can tell).  I've attached
a file showing a small example (y axis is partly missing, as is the
beginning of the x-axis) of what I mean.  I assume this is some problem
with the x-server but I'm not sure.  If I cancel the window and reopen
it, this sometimes fixes the problem (and sometimes the labels are
faded in other areas).  Has anyone else run into this
problem?  I've used ferret for a few years on linux and never run into
this.  Any help is appreciated, it's somewhat annoying.

Thanks,

Brent

--
Brent A. McDaniel