Re: Using FERRET output in presentation programs

Arne Biastoch wrote:

> I would line to ask those of you who are using FERRET output in
> electronic presentations about their experiences and tips. Maybe I
miss
> somethings here and there is a very easy and flexible solution.

I have no experience whatsoever with windows metafile format, but my
supervisor showed me a workable (for me) solution. For computer
presentations we use portable document format (pdf) files, created
with latex (slide style, for example). Either generate pdf directly
with pdflatex, or convert postscript with ps2pdf.

This pdf file can then be shown as a presentation using acrobat
reader, which has reasonable functionality, although the more flashy
moving effects are not available. It can show full-screen
presentations and navigate with the mouse, and it can also generate
and show small preview images for quick navigation.

This may not at all be what you're looking for, but for us it's a
workable solution. Acrobat reader is available for both unix and
windows computers, so it provides a relatively portable way of showing
a computer presentation.

Hein Zelle

    Hein Zelle
    Dept. of Oceographic Research