Re: t-axis clash with variable called T

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Glenn Carver wrote:
> I am trying to work with netCDF files created from ECMWF ERA40
> analyses. Unfortunately temperature has been given the name 'T' which
> clashes with the time axis variable 't' in Ferret.

Hi Glenn,

You can use special variable names like these if you enclose them in
single quotes:

yes? list 't'

For more info see the User's Guide, Ch.3, Sec. 1.2.

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew Wittenberg          Program in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
andyw@splash.princeton.edu                        Princeton University