Re: how to merge cdf files

Hi Antonio,

You can specify parameters about a variable in square brackets
immediately following the variable.  See User's Guide:
 http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/current/Chapter3_Variables_and_Expressions.htm#_VPINDEXENTRY_211

In your example below, you may refer to a variable from the first
dataset, presumably uwnd as:
uwnd[d=uwnd.cdf]  or  uwnd[d=1] no matter which dataset is set as the
default.

You may also use the Save/append command (see user's guide)
 http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/current/Commands_Reference.htm#_VPINDEXENTRY_1248

to create new data sets with multiple variables.

Joe

--
Joseph McLean
NOAA/PMEL/TMAP