Re: ferret on redhat 7.3

Hi Martinho,

I've not gone to 7.3 yet but it appears that the version 2 files of the Xm library are missing. This might be deliberate or it might be one of those mistakes that happen when a new OS is released and RedHat will correct it shortly. To get around this you will need to find a 7.2 machine from somewhere and copy the libraries over. I'm sure you've noticed that the libaries are links to the LessTif/Motif* directories so you'll need to set up the appropriate links.

Another option would be if there is a statically compiled version of ferret around but I don't think there is one.

  Glenn

--

Dr. Glenn Carver, Centre for Atmospheric Science, Univ. of Cambridge,
Chemistry Dept., Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW, UK.

mailto:Glenn.Carver@atm.ch.cam.ac.uk  http://www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk/~glenn/
Phone: +44 (1223) 763827      ** please note new numbers **
Fax:   +44 (1223) 763823