calendar types

Hi;

I've got a netCDF file in which time is a dimension, but not a variable.
I've been using descriptor files to give the data a proper time axis. Now
I want to use one of the newly added calendar types (thanks for these, by
the way), but since the file doesn't have a time variable, I can't use
time:calendar_type = "noleap" ; within the file.  Can I add it somehow to
the descriptor file?  What's the syntax for that?  Or do I need to define
a new axis within ferret after I load the data?

Thanks

Elizabeth L. Dobbins
Research Scientist
JISAO/PMEL
phone: (206) 526-4581

"Various forms of jiggery-pokery were used to suit
horses to courses."  -- Michael Burleigh