Re: animate

Hello Patrick -

As far as creating animations on your Linux system goes, I think you'll find that
the reason you are getting blank pages after the first image is drawn is because
your Xserver isn't using backing store.  If you do a "xdpyinfo", you should see a
line like:

Except in your case, I believe both options will be "NO".  When starting the
Xserver, you'll want to make sure that the option "+bs" is used - this will turn on
the backing store and enable you to see the animations on your Linux machine.

I'm not sure what is going on with the Alpha/OSF problem - I will look into that...

Let me know if you have any questions -

Kevin

--
Kevin O'Brien                   UW/JISAO
Research Scientist              NOAA/PMEL/TMAP