Re: Using Dimension Variable

Thanks Joe,

This seems to do the trick.  It has opened another can of worms for me but I think I'm getting there.

Steve

mclean@pmel.noaa.gov writes:
>Hi Steve,
>
>I think I just ran into the sane question yesterday.  NetCDF coordinate variables (Dimension
>variable) are not used the same as other variables in Ferret.  In order to use the values of
>the dimension variable in this way, you must have a user-defined variable.
>
>Try:
>
>let valz = z[gz=zpos]
>let depth_at_sigma = valz * depth
>
>I hope this works.
>
>Joe

 Steve Cousins                        Email: cousins@umit.maine.edu
 Research Associate                 Phone: (207) 581-4302
 Ocean Modeling Group
 School of Marine Sciences      208 Libby Hall,
 University of Maine                Orono ME 04469