Segmentation Fault in Redhat 7.2

I couldn't surmise from the archives if anyone
actually figured out why segmentation faults occur.

I get mine after ferret runs my script (subtracts
datasets, computes vectors, overlays data, writes to a
file).  The segmentation fault happens after all of
this, closing my graphic window and exiting ferret.
The script executes completely, then errors.

When I run ferret with the -gif switch, I don't get
the error.  This makes me think it's a display
problem.  I don't get these errors with all script and
I haven't identified the pattern yet why some script
trigger the problem and others don't.

The archives hint at large dataset being the problem.

Does anyone have the latest on this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Bruce