Re: how to make ferret 5.4 win32 work how win98?

Hello Richard -

It's somewhat difficult to determine exactly what is going on with your setup.  The error you are getting does not appear to be X server related.  It looks more like perhaps there is
something wrong with your Ferret installation.  The message:

    ferret.sh: exec: bash: not found

means that the bash shell cannot be started up.  This is odd because the bash shell is part of the Ferret distribution.  I just attempted an install on a Windows 98 machine here, and
everything worked fine.

My suggestion for you would be to uninstall Ferret via the Add/Remove Programs, and then do a reinstall.   Check to make sure there aren't any errors which occur during the install,
such as not enough disk space, etc.

If you are still having the problem after doing this, please let me know.

Kevin

--
Kevin O'Brien                   UW/JISAO
Research Scientist              NOAA/PMEL/TMAP