Re: BAT script under window 2000

Hi Takaya Namba,
Yes, I was just able to do this, running the windows version of Ferret
(you could also run a script).   Perhaps the key is to issue the Ferret
command quit before the STOP:

bash-2.05$  ferret << STOP
> use coads_climatology
> plot/l=1/x=180 sst
> frame/file=lineplot.gif
> quit
> STOP

After saying "STOP" I see the session scroll past on the screen,
and the gif file is created.

Note that you can also do this kind of thing with the command line
switches to start Ferret, "ferret -gif" if you are making gif files, and
"ferret -batch"  if you want to create postscript files.  These are
documented in the Users Guide, under "batch, gif output", or
"command line, starting Ferret"

Ansley

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246