Re: samplexy(sampleij, samplei) function error

Frank,

The sample??() functions weren't incorporated into the main Ferret
executable until version 5.1.  You are running an older version of
Ferret that doesn't have this function and Ferret is complaining that
the '(' doesn't make sense because it has no knowledge of any function
named sample??.

The solution is for you to upgrade your version of Ferret.

  http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Downloads/ferret_downloads.html

-- Jon