Overlay/plot and vector direction info

dear  Ansley and ferret users
The  two following questions concern Taux and Tauy data that are zonal and meridional wind stress components in N/m2.

Question 1:
I have got two sets of data, in terms of coordinates they have the same but in term of grid space they don't have the same size.
I need to plot some data from each of the set of data together but it doesn't work properly.  Do I have to regrid one of the set or is their a other and easier way to put the two plots on the same graphic?
Question 2:
The two components are associated and constitute a vector that has a specific direction. I would like to plot this direction in deg (0 to 360) on some specific point of the area I am studying. How can I get some information about the direction of the vectors and plot this information?

Any suggestion will be really welcome,
Thank you in advance,

Ecole Nationale Superieure des Techniques Avancees (ENSTA)
Unite d'Enseignement et de Recherche en Mecanique (UME)
Chemin de la Huniere  91761 Palaiseau cedex
tel : 01 69 31 97 56
fax : 01 69 31 99 97
e-mail: mounier@enstay.ensta.fr