"landform" dataset instead of etopoXXX...

I was wondering if anyone has created a landform dataset usable by FERRET that
would be good as a replacement for the etopo files when used by "mp_fland".

What I'm thinking is that Antarctica and Greenland (for example) show up, quite
properly, shaded for their elevations, but most people think of both as being
white, since they're 100% snow (or ice).

A dataset and matching palette coded to show "real" landforms would be a nice
thing to have. I can do the work, I suppose, but I imagine it's not trivial.

--
Gary Strand
strandwg@ucar.edu