Re: plot_swath problems

Hi Rick,
The plot_swath.jnl script has what amounts to a hack that looks to
see if the data is a "line".  Your data is a simple line, but the fact that
it has axes of length 1 defined in Z and T confuses the script.  The data
has this kind of grid:

yes? show data
     currently SET data sets:
    1> ./foo.nc  (default)
 name            title                                                 I         J           K         L
  MIN_AAS  MIN(MIN_AAR, AAS)                ...       1:31      1:1       1:1
. . .

The script looks for a free axis on which it can create a polygon.  It checks
that the data is 1-dimensional and then chooses the Z axis on which to
define the vertices of the polygon to be filled.  So far so good.   Then
Ferret noticed that the arguments have external limits along the Z axis and
issues the error message you see.

A fix is to call the script with explicit Z limits in the calling arguments.  Also
the T axis, for good measure.

yes? go plot_swath poly/over  (min_aas[K=1,L=1]), (max_aas[K=1,L=1])

We'll put some comments in the script for future versions...

Ansley Manke

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246