scat2gridgauss assumptions

Greetings,

I am attempting to use scat2gridgauss_yz to regrid some ship data to our
model grid for data/model comparison purposes. I am finding that the
latitude extent of the regridding is significantly less than the latitude
extent of the data. A catch is that the latitude axis that I am passing to
scat2gridgauss_yz is not equally spaced, it has increasing resolution near
the equator, and the ship track spans the equator. I suspect that may be
the culprit, but would like to has this confirmed or denied. Does
scat2gridgauss_yz, and it's relatives, assume that the latitude axis of
the output variable is equally spaced?

Thanks,
Keith

Keith Lindsay         http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/oce/klindsay/klindsay.html