Re: white space between land boundary and contour

chittibabu,

The white spaces you see are where your data don't extend as far as the
land mask.  Although this is a correct representation of your data, it
isn't very pretty.  The simple way to fix this is to extend your data
with one of the transformations that fills in holes in the data.  I
would recommend trying out @FNR:# or @FLN:#.

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/v50_2000/Chapter3.htm#_VPID_93

These transforms will fill in holes in the data where land exists.
That's OK because you're going to cover those areas up with the land
mask.  The more important issue to be aware of is that these
transformations will cover up holes in the data where the missing value
represents an unsampled ocean location.  For products like COADS, these
holes are very important.

I hope that helps.

-- Jonathan Callahan