Re: How to fit data with a straight line

Hi,

  Thank you very much. Bu now I have another problem,

  Suppose I have data temperature with 49 year x 12 months = 588 time steps

 currently SET data sets:
    1> temp.nc  (default)
 name     title                             I         J         K         L
 TEMP     COADS SST                        1:97      1:57      ...       1:588
 PERIOD   Averaging period                 ...       ...       ...       1:588

1)  First of all I get annual mean temp

  yes? def axis/t=1-jan-1945:31-dec-1993:365.25/units=days/edges/modulo tax1
  yes? let TMEAN = TEMP[gt=tax1@mod]

2)  Then I want to do regress for TMEAN

  yes? let q = TMEAN
  yes? let p = t
  yes? set grid TMEAN
  yes? go regresst

Then I got error messages:

 **ERROR: unknown defining grid: GT=TAX1@MOD --> g=user-or-pseudo-var not allowed
 set grid TMEAN
 Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted

 Obviously the problem is due to 't', how to give 't' to p here?
 And let ferret know this 't' is corresponding to TMEAN?

 Thanks a lot.

Haijun Yang

        ferret_users@ferret.wrc.noaa.gov