RE: Grid/region problem

Apparently, further explanation is required.  The grid I'm working with is
not rectangular in the (lon,lat) plane.  As mentioned, it is only
rectangular on a projected plane (polar stereographic).  Thus, in the
(lon,lat) plane the rows and columns are curved.  Using

define axis/x=lon1:lon2/np=100

doesn't make any sense in this case since lon1 & lon2 are different for
every row in the grid.

I hope this is clearer now.